A large hiking group based out of Rhode Island signed up to learn some basic mountaineering skills with us. And it almost happened exactly as scheduled. But then the weather that we needed wasn’t the weather we had as we were nearing the time of our December class. The idea of a postponement was floated, but it was still wait-and-see. A good call since you know what they say about New Hampshire weather, right? “If you don’t like it, wait a few minutes.” Lo and behold, a miracle, the old Yankees were right about the Granite State. The weather did change, a perfect amount of snow dropped onto our frozen ground, and the day of the class was as we wanted it to be. That was until the human factor stepped onto the scene — we ended up postponing anyway. As luck would have it, however, this group was twice-blessed. The postponement date looked to be every bit as nice as the original, albeit slightly cooler. And so the class went on and six more people will now and in the future better stay on their feet while also knowing what to do if they don’t. The best of both worlds.
We don’t usually write blog posts about our classes, only our adventures typically, but for this enjoyable group taught by Redline Guides Mike Cherim and Ken Hodges, we just had to share some photos — a bunch of them.