Here are links to some of our favorite resources. You may find them as helpful to you as they are to us.
Note: The links on this page open up in a new tab/window.
Mountain Safety Resources
These resources help people stay alive in the mountains.
- Mt Washington Observatory (Unparalleled White Mountains weather insights) »
- MWOBS 48 Forecast PDF (48-hour higher summits and valley forecast) »
- MW 7-Day Forecast (A highly interactive weather tool from Trails NH) »
- NWS Hourly MW Weather (Written in weather geek, but it’s great for fine tuning) »
- Mt Washington Avalanche Ctr (On-mountain avalanche monitoring and forecasts) »
- Mountain Forecast (Worldwide 7-day dual-elevation forecasts) »
- New England Trail Conditions (Excellent source of current trail conditions) »
- Trails NH (Reports, data, and tools) »
- Hike Time Calculator (A useful Trails NH tool) »
- USGS Water Levels (Helpful water level monitoring for crossings) »
- USFS White Mountains (Excellent source for White Mountains alerts and such) »
- USFS Road Status on TrailsNH (Fairly up-to-date statuses of national forest roads and more) »
- NH Fish and Game (Overseers of all search and rescue matters) »
- Leave No Trace (LNT) (Teaches how to not ruin our wildlands) »
- WMNF Backcountry Camping Rules (Make sure you’re legally camping) »
- Hike Safe Organization (Teaching hikers on ways to be safe in the mountains) »
- NH Outdoor Council (SAR oversight and more) »
- Androscoggin Valley SAR (A local search and rescue organization) »
- Pemigewasset Valley SAR (A local search and rescue organization) »
- Mountain Rescue Service (A local search and rescue organization with a tech focus) »
- Lakes Region SAR (A quasi-local search and rescue organization helping in the southern ranges) »
- Randolph Mountain Club (A local age-old mountain club in the Northern Presis) »
- Appalachian Mountain Club (An age-old outdoors organization.) »
- Appalachian Mountain Club (NH) (The New Hampshire chapter of the AMC) »
- Mountain Wanderer Bookstore (Expert source of maps, books, and lore) »
These resources offer wisdom by those in-the-know and willing to share.
- Redline Guiding Blog (Start here for great articles) »
- New Hampshire Tramper (Mike Cherim’s personal hiking blog) »
- Hiking in the White Mountains and Beyond (Chris Dailey’s trip reports and photos) »
- DM Outdoors (The adventures of Dan McGinness) »
- Section Hiker (Hiking and backpacking for beginners and experts) »
- 1 Happy Hiker (Unique White Mountain perspectives from John Compton) »
- Trail To Summit (A collective of female hikers and outdoor writers) »
- Paul William Gagnon: On Hiking (Reflections, reviews, reports, and more) »
- Hike the 4000-Footers of NH (A Facebook group dedicated to the NH 4000-footers) »
- 52 With-A-View Group (A Facebook group dedicated to the NH 52WAV peaks) »
Other Area Resources
Other things of interest while you’re here.
- Mt Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce (Your local business portal.) »
- Eagle Mountain House (Long time friends of ours; we will always recommend them highly) »
- North Conway NH Area Guide (What else you can do while here…) »
Need More Help?
If you want help planning your trip to North Conway, the tool below may prove useful.
Plan what to see in North Conway with an itinerary including Redline Guiding