Here are links to some of our favorite resources. You may find them as helpful to you as they are to us.
Note: The links on this page open up in a new tab/window.
Mountain Safety Resources
These resources help people stay alive in the mountains.
- Mt Washington Observatory (Unparalleled White Mountains weather insights) »
- MWOBS 48 Forecast PDF (48-hour higher summits and valley forecast) »
- MW 7-Day Forecast (A highly interactive weather tool from Trails NH) »
- NWS Hourly MW Weather (Written in weather geek, but it’s great for fine tuning) »
- Mt Washington Avalanche Ctr (On-mountain avalanche monitoring and forecasts) »
- Mountain Forecast (Worldwide 7-day dual-elevation forecasts) »
- New England Trail Conditions (Excellent source of current trail conditions) »
- Trails NH (Reports, data, and tools) »
- Hike Time Calculator (A useful Trails NH tool) »
- USGS Water Levels (Helpful water level monitoring for crossings) »
- USFS White Mountains (Excellent source for White Mountains alerts and such) »
- USFS Road Status on TrailsNH (Fairly up-to-date statuses of national forest roads and more) »
- NH Fish and Game (Overseers of all search and rescue matters) »
- Leave No Trace (LNT) (Teaches how to not ruin our wildlands) »
- Hike Safe Organization (Teaching hikers on ways to be safe in the mountains) »
- NH Outdoor Council (SAR oversight and more) »
- Androscoggin Valley SAR (A local search and rescue organization) »
- Pemigewasset Valley SAR (A local search and rescue organization) »
- Mountain Rescue Service (A local search and rescue organization with a tech focus) »
- Lakes Region SAR (A quasi-local search and rescue organization helping in the southern ranges) »
- Randolph Mountain Club (A local age-old mountain club in the Northern Presis) »
- Appalachian Mountain Club (An age-old outdoors organization.) »
- Appalachian Mountain Club (NH) (The New Hampshire chapter of the AMC) »
- Mountain Wanderer Bookstore (Expert source of maps, books, and lore) »
These resources offer wisdom by those in-the-know and willing to share.
- Redline Guiding Blog (Start here for great articles) »
- New Hampshire Tramper (Mike Cherim’s personal hiking blog) »
- Hiking in the White Mountains and Beyond (Chris Dailey’s trip reports and photos) »
- DM Outdoors (The adventures of Dan McGinness) »
- Section Hiker (Hiking and backpacking for beginners and experts) »
- 1 Happy Hiker (Unique White Mountain perspectives from John Compton) »
- Trail To Summit (A collective of female hikers and outdoor writers) »
- Paul William Gagnon: On Hiking (Reflections, reviews, reports, and more) »
- Hike the 4000-Footers of NH (A Facebook group dedicated to the NH 4000-footers) »
- 52 With-A-View Group (A Facebook group dedicated to the NH 52WAV peaks) »
Other Area Resources
Places to stay, places to eat, and things to do while you’re here.
- Mt Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce (Your local business portal.) »
- Eagle Mountain House (A great place to stay, in Jackson NH…) »
- North Conway NH Area Guide (What else you can do while here…) »
Need More Help?
If you want help planning your trip to North Conway, the tool below may prove useful.